- CLICK HERE to make a copy of the Feelings Monsters Google Slides presentation
- Pages 3 - 8 of the Gslides presentation are the monster outline templates. To change the color of the monsters click on the line of color to the right of the monster and then click the paint can icon to select a new color.
- Page 9 - 10 of the presentation contain the facial feature options for the monster. Copy the chosen features and paste them into the page with the monster that is being decorated.
- Drag the facial feature where you want it. To resize the image, click on it and then drag one of the corners.
- If you are using Zoom, you can open the presentation on your screen and give the client remote control capabilities so they can move the pieces and you can assist.
Using any telehealth platform with screen sharing capabilities, you can open the presentation on your screen and share with the client as they direct you on how to decorate the monster.
- Hopscotch is a new FREE teletherapy platform designed for child therapists that has screen sharing capabilities. They also have a library of interactive exercises, including a version of this that uses child faces. I highly recommended trying it out.
- Pages 3 - 4 of this PDF feature a print/cut version of this activity
-This activity can be done in an in-person session when you bring the presentation up on a laptop or tablet that you allow the client to use, or you can get other ideas form page 2.
- This is a highly customizable intervention that can be tweaked to meet a wide range of needs and modalities.
- See below for an excerpt from the “Mindful Monsters Therapeutic Workbook” that discusses therapeutic uses for feelings monsters.